SLYO reports the following as part of their annual contribution to the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals:
– 10 scholarships have been awarded to youth aspiring to work in the medical field as part of the Medical Pathway to Success Mentorship program (December 2020)
– School backpacks valuing at a total of $7000 were distributed to underprivileged youth as part of the Operation Rise Above Project (October 2020)
– A financial donation worth £1500 was made to the Great Ormond Street Hospital in the United Kingdom (December 2020)
– In addition, toys at a total value of $4000 were donated to underprivileged youth through a toy drive by the UK and USA Chapters (December 2020)
– A total of 5000 pounds of food has been donated cumulatively between all four chapters.
– Moreover, through the mental health discussion platform Voice it with SLYO, professional services at a total value of £ 1600 were offered to participants.
SLYO is a nonprofit organization composed of four chapters with a total of 60 committee members globally. The organization completed nearly 7000 volunteer hours and is committed to progress and supporting the United Nations to achieve their sustainability goals.